Are You Considering a Kitchen Remodel? You’ll Want to Read This!
Are you considering a kitchen remodel? Here are a few things you may want to consider:
The average kitchen remodel cost runs from $20,000 to $50,000. And typically, the kitchen cabinets are the most expensive part of the kitchen remodel accounting for 29% of the remodeling cost.
To get new custom, semi-custom, or ready-made cabinets the countertops, backsplash, kitchen sink, and appliances will need to be removed which will most likely will cause some damage to them. Walls, floors, and trim boards commonly are damaged during the removal and installation process of the cabinets. In the end, you will have new cabinets, but also a list of repair projects not accounted for in the remodeling budget.
An alternative to removing your cabinets would be to paint your existing cabinets. We’d recommend having the enameling done by a professional. We’ve experienced several homes where the homeowner tried to DIY the painting of their kitchen cabinets and ruined the cabinets completely.
*Check out one of our latest projects! We love how it turned out!
Pros to professionally enameling existing cabinets:
- Better looking and a more durable finish than a factory or shop finish.
- Most existing stained kitchen cabinets are made from solid wood (oak, cherry, or maple) compared to new cabinets made from MDF (medium-density fiberboard), plywood, or veneered particle board. These are not bad options nor is using solid wood like poplar but you are just removing something that is more durable and paid for. If the current cabinets are rotten, warped, or have been poorly painted then completely replacing them is definitely the way to go.
- The touch-up and caulking can be done by our painter who painted the cabinets.
- Our painters will fill existing hardware holes and install new ones.
- We replace existing hinges with new styles if needed. Depending on the style of hinges and glides of the current style upgrading to soft-close, self-close, or push-to-open and/or concealed hinges could be an option.
- We can add on the crown and/or decorative molding to update the profile of the cabinets.
- You can select your own colors and finishes.
- You can select your own door & drawer hardware.
- Your backsplash and countertops can stay in place and will be protected.
- The floor stays and will be protected.
- Appliances stay in place and will be protected.
- The sink and faucet stay in place and will be protected.
- You are only without your kitchen for 3-10 days vs 3 -10 months.
- Less environmental impact and less waste.
- No permits or inspections are needed.
- Increased home value with less money out of pocket.
Interested in learning more about painting your cabinets? Contact us today for your complimentary quote!